The largest college recruitment program in the state brings together New Jersey area employers with college students and graduates seeking employment. Experienced candidates are also welcome to attend.
Over 125 employers will have current and anticipated openings in most career fields and academic majors, including liberal arts, business, science, and technical areas. (Some careers are generally not represented, such as education, advertising, public relations and the media.)
Open to students and graduates from any college or university, all degree levels and majors, who wish to work in New Jersey. Resume submission is not required to attend the event, but is required to participate in the electronic resume database. Dress for interviewing and bring plenty of resumes. There is no fee.
Tips to Candidates
• Bring a pen, paper, and a folder or portfolio for holding resumes and writing while standing. Turn off cell phones in the employer areas.
• Enter your resume into an electronic database which will be sent to each employer one week after the event. See details below.
• Bring multiple copies of an attractive, printed resume to give to employers at the event. No photocopying services are available. Do not bring your resumes on disk.
• Parking: Follow directions below to a large parking lot. A shuttle (3 Rutgers buses) running continuously from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. will drop you off at the event (Brower Commons).
• Leave your backpacks (and coats?) in your car.
• Give the representative your resume, offer a firm handshake, and be ready to discuss your background, qualifications, and career goals. Ask about the organization and opportunities.
• Research employers in advance!! The list will be on our website beginning May 1. Collect business cards at the event. Come early to speak with as many representatives as possible.
Have your resume distributed to all employers attending the career day via an electronic database which will be sent to each employer one week after the event.
Resume Submission period: May 1, 2011 – May 30, 2011
Go to http://careerservices.rutgers.edu
* Have your word-processed resume ready for uploading (1-page pref., 2-page max.)
* If you have difficulty, email a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your resume.
WE WILL NOT COLLECT RESUMES AT THE EVENT FOR THE DATABASE.
BRING RESUMES TO GIVE TO THE EMPLOYERS.
You may attend the event without submitting your resume online. However, it is highly recommended to include your resume in the database which will be sent to each employer one week after the event.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Candidates park at the Rutgers Athletic Center (RAC) on the Livingston campus for guaranteed parking with 3 Rutgers buses running continuously from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. You will be dropped off at Brower Commons (145 College Ave.); the Rutgers Student Center is across the street (126 College Ave.).
Directions– check website in mid-May for changes due to construction
From New Jersey Turnpike: Take Exit 9 and bear right out of the toll booth for Rt. 18 North - New Brunswick. Merge left onto Rt. 18 N., cross over Rt. 1, go through the traffic light at Paulus Blvd. and proceed through EITHER fork in the road (marked as "Rt. 18 Piscataway" and "New Brunswick Exits"). Stay on Rt. 18 over the Raritan River toward Piscataway. Pass the Busch Campus exit and take the next exit for Metlars Ln./Rutgers RAC (Livingston Campus). Turn right at the first light onto Avenue E. Take the first left onto Hospital Rd., pass the Athletic Center on your right, pass Joyce Kilmer Ave. on your right, then turn right into the main parking lot.
From Route 1: Take exit "Route 18 North - New Brunswick" and proceed as you would from the New Jersey Turnpike.
From Route 287: Take exit 9 for "River Rd./Bound Brook/Highland Park” and follow signs for Rutgers and Highland Park. Bear right toward River Rd. (Rt. 622 So.). Merge left onto River Rd. Proceed about 3.5 miles, going straight through 5 lights. Go under the Rt. 18 overpass, and turn left at the next (6th) light onto Rt. 18 North. Take the Metlars Ln./Rutgers RAC (Livingston Campus) exit. Turn right at the light onto Avenue E. Take the first left onto Hospital Rd., pass the Athletic Center on your right, pass Joyce Kilmer Ave. on your right, then turn right into the main parking lot.
Easy Access by Public Transportation
Take NJ Transit (Northeast Corridor line) to New Brunswick. Exit the train station onto Easton Ave. and turn right. At the light turn right onto Somerset St. Go one block and turn left onto College Ave. Proceed on College Ave., four long blocks. Brower Commons will be on your right, the Rutgers Student Center on the left. Walking time is about 15 minutes. (www.njtransit.com)