A new version of the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide(PAPPG), (NSF 14-1) has been issued.
This new version of the PAPPG will be effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after February 24, 2014.
Significant changes include:
· Addition to the certification regarding Conflict of Interest regarding the appropriate disclosure process;
· Reiteration that indirect costs are not allowed on participant support costs;
· Small-scale pilot of a new environmental impacts process with a few programs, prior to NSF-wide implementation;
· Updated process for program income reporting; and
· Numerous clarifications throughout the document.
This version of the PAPPG becomes effective on February 24, 2014. In the interim, the guidelines contained in the current PAPPG (NSF 13-1) continue to apply.