ALUMNAE-TO-STUDENT MENTORING PROGRAM
Alumnae-to-Student Mentoring matches current students with alumnae for ongoing mentoring throughout the academic year. Outside of being matched with an alumna in the NY area, students take part in trainings, events with impressive speakers and dynamic topics, and ongoing networking with all program participants. Each mentored student will have the chance to see inside an industry or organization through the eyes of an alumna who knows it best. With that insight, along with feedback, guidance and support from their mentors, students will be able to envision themselves as emerging professionals.
Barnard Career Development is looking for motivated students who are eager to take an active role in their career preparation.
Applicants will be selected based on the following qualifications:
- Current sophomore, junior or senior
- Strong resume
- Strong essays provided in *application
- Demonstrated interest in working with a mentor
- Commitment to a full year program, with required attendance at trainings and events
PROGRAM DATES, APPLICATION PROCESS & DEADLINES:
Application Deadline: September 9, 2015
The kick-off event will be held on Sunday, September 27th from 12-2 pm. All students must be able to attend to be considered for the program.
Successful completion of the program includes but is not limited to:
- Attending a mandatory training.
- Attending the kick-off event on September 27th.
- Attending a series of ongoing program events.
- Keeping in touch with your assigned mentor via regular check-ins.
- Adhering to all instructions and deadlines associated with the program.
- Maintaining professionalism and courtesy in interactions with your mentor and other program participants.
Mentor Training Manual
Mentee Training Manual
QUESTIONS: Please contact Talia Schatz at 212-854-2033 or at email@example.com