Barnard Finance Focus (BFF) Program is a three-day intensive, classroom-based training program designed to prepare Barnard women for careers in finance.
- Craft an effective resume and cover letter
- Prep for entry level finance position interviews
- Prep for a summer internship and first year on Wall Street
- Become comfortable with finance jargon
- Inject a practical dimension into finance coursework
- Develop finance skills that can be applied in a wide array of future jobs and careers
- Learn about the different divisions of a full-service financial institution
- Learn what analysts really do on a daily basis
The BFF program is an excellent opportunity for students to strengthen finance knowledge, gain confidence and get ahead of the interview process. Participation in this program will bolster your chances of receiving an internship and /or full-time job offer in the industry.
Barnard Career Development (BCD) is looking for motivated students who are eager to take an active role in their career preparation. Applicants will be selected based on the following qualifications:
- Current sophomore or junior
- A minimum of 3.3 GPA
- Unofficial transcript
- Demonstrated interest in finance
- Strong essay
The program requires a firm three-day commitment from Sunday, November 1 - Tuesday, November 3, 2015 from 9am to 5pm, plus one evening networking reception on the final day of training. Please do not apply unless you can guarantee your attendance on all three days. No exceptions will be made.
In addition, you are asked to participate in site visits with each of the sponsoring employers. Dates for the site visits will be provided at the start of the program. Admission will be determined on a rolling basis, so students are encouraged to apply early.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOT YET BEING ACCEPTED. PLEASE CHECK BACK IN THE FALL FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Topical Overview and Agenda:
- Finance/Banking Industry Overview
- Investment Banking
- Asset Management
- Sales & Trading
- Operations & Technology
- Barnard Summer Analyst Panel
- Capital Markets: Debt and Equity Products
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Introduction to Excel
- Resumes and Cover Letters
- First and Second Round Finance Interviews and the Value of Networking
- Following the Financial Markets on a Daily Basis
- Evening Networking Reception
1. Successful completion of the program includes but is not limited to:
- Attending all three days of the training.
- Attending all four site visits hosted by the sponsoring employers.
- Submitting a professional resume to Career Development to use in the training program’s resume book which will be distributed to sponsoring employers.
- Participating in the evening networking event with sponsoring employers.
2. Be prompt and on time each day of the training.
3. Actively engage in the coursework as well as learn the information and materials presented.
4. Ask questions and for additional instruction when unsure of the material presented.
5. Adhere to all instructions and deadlines associated with the training.
6. Maintain professionalism in interactions with instructors, employers, BCD staff and peers.
7. Dress in business attire for the evening networking reception with sponsoring employers.
8. Keep an updated and accurate profile; upload resume and other materials in NACElink on an ongoing basis.
9. Respond to post-program surveys and follow-up.
QUESTIONS: Please contact Antonia Vitale at 212-854-7748 or firstname.lastname@example.org