Barnard Finance Focus (BFF) Program is a three-day intensive, classroom-based training program designed to prepare Barnard women for careers in finance.
The BFF program is an excellent opportunity for students to strengthen finance knowledge, gain confidence and get ahead of the interview process. Participation in this program will bolster your chances of receiving an internship and /or full-time job offer in the industry.
Barnard Career Development (BCD) is looking for motivated students who are eager to take an active role in their career preparation. Applicants will be selected based on the following qualifications:
Program Dates, Application Process & Deadlines:
The program requires a firm three-day commitment from Sunday, November 3 - Tuesday, November 5, 2013 from 9am to 5pm, plus one evening networking reception on the final day of training. Please do not apply unless you can guarantee your attendance on all three days. No exceptions will be made.
In addition, you are asked to participate in site visits with each of the sponsoring employers. Dates for the site visits will be provided at the start of the program. Admission will be determined on a rolling basis, so students are encouraged to apply early.
Application Deadline: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 11:59pm
Selected Students Notified: Thursday, October 17, 2013
Waitlisted Students Notified: Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Topical Overview and Agenda:
1. Successful completion of the program includes but is not limited to:
2. Be prompt and on time each day of the training.
3. Actively engage in the coursework as well as learn the information and materials presented.
4. Ask questions and for additional instruction when unsure of the material presented.
5. Adhere to all instructions and deadlines associated with the training.
6. Maintain professionalism in interactions with instructors, employers, BCD staff and peers.
7. Dress in business attire for the evening networking reception with sponsoring employers.
8. Keep an updated and accurate profile; upload resume and other materials in NACElink on an ongoing basis.
9. Respond to post-program surveys and follow-up.
QUESTIONS: Please contact Karen Worthing at 212-854-7748 or firstname.lastname@example.org