Furman Counseling - We're Where You Live!!!! Literally - if you live in Plimpton or Elliot. Come to Listening Hours!
Here's how they work:
- WHAT : A free, confidential, drop-in meeting with a counselor. Stop by for just a few minutes or stay for a half an hour to talk about whatever is on your mind. No appointment necessary.
- WHO : Listening Hours are held by counselors from the Furman Counseling Center.
- WHERE : In Plimpton - in the GHD office on the ground floor, the 1st door to the left as you enter Plimpton
In Elliot - in the conference room on the ground floor, directly behind and to the right of the security desk.
- WHEN : Mondays from 7p.m. to 9:30p.m. in Plimpton Hall
Thursdays from 7p.m. - 9:30p.m. in Elliott Hall
- WHY : Because sometimes you need to check in with someone in the moment - maybe you're stressed about your exam tomorrow, maybe you just had a fight with your partner, or maybe you've been interested in checking out the Furman Counseling Center but want to give a quick check-in a try first.
- HOW : Come to the office between the hours of 7p.m. and 9:30 p.m. If the door is open, just walk on in and say, "I'm here for Listening Hours". If the door is closed, write down the time slot that you'd like to return on the form posted on the door. When you come back, the door will be opened and waiting for you.
We're looking forward to it.
Fall 2016 Sessions:
Counselor: Gillian Scott-Ward, Ph.D.
Mondays from 7pm - 9:30p.m.
Starting September 12 until December 12, 2016 (closed during academic break/holidays)
Counselor: Emily Patton, Ph.D.
Thursdays from 7pm -9:30p.m.
Starting September 15 until December 15, 2016 (closed during academic break/ holidays)