The Barnard Opportunity Program (BOP), specifically for out-of-state students, provides access to a Barnard education for high-achieving students from disadvantaged backgrounds. Students admitted as BOP Scholars Programs exhibit the spirit, drive, curiosity, and motivation that is characteristic of Barnard students.
Students in the Barnard Opportunity Program benefit from the same resources and opportunities as HEOP Scholars but are residents of states other than New York. Our scholars are part of a small community with extra mentorship and support to persist through the challenging and exciting transition to college, four years of growth at Barnard, and post-graduation years.
Meet the Staff
Director, Opportunity Programs
- Directs the academic year and summer sessions of the collegiate opportunities programs (HEOP and CSTEP)
- Directs the academic year and summer sessions of the pre-collegiate program (STEP)
- Contact: email@example.com
Senior Associate Director, Opportunity Programs
- Adviser to all BOP, CSTEP & HEOP sophomores in matters academic, career, or personal
- Manages the Collegiate Academic Tutoring Program
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, or schedule an appointment
Counselor, Collegiate Programs
- Adviser to BOP, CSTEP & HEOP scholars in matters academic, career, or personal
- Contact: email@example.com