Sponsored by the New York City Civic Engagement Program, the Barnard College Community Service Fair aims to connect Barnard College and Columbia University students, staff, and faculty with local community organizations in need of volunteers for their programs. The Community Service Fair is open to all students of Barnard College and Columbia University (including Columbia College, School of Engineering and Applied Science, School of General Studies, School of International and Public Affairs, etc.), as well as all faculty and administrators.
We are also pleased to announce Barnard College is now a Certifying Organization for the President's Volunteer Service Award. The New York City Civic Engagement Program will certify volunteer hours for all Barnard students, alumnae, faculty, and staff for purposes of the award.
Please see below for the list of registered organizations:
- All Stars Project, Inc.
- The American Cancer Society
- Apex for Youth
- Association to Benefit Children (ABC)
- Behind the Book
- Cathedral Community Cares
- City Year
- Columbia/Barnard Hillel
- Community Impact at Columbia University
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Earth Day New York
- East Harlem Tutorial Program
- Free Arts NYC
- Generation Citizen
- GO Project
- Grand Street Settlement - Computer Clubhouse
- GrowNYC Office of Recycling Outreach and Education
- Harlem Hospital Center
- Housing Works Inc.
- Let's Get Ready
- Lifeforce in Later Years
- Little Sisters of the Assumption Family Health Service
- Mentoring USA
- Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Quality Services for the Autism Community (QSAC, Inc.)
- Reading Partners
- Riverside Hawks
- U.S. Fund for UNICEF
- Union Settlement Association
Please feel free to contact Valerie Chow, Associate Director, Civic Engagement and Experiential Learning, Barnard Career Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-854-2033 with any questions regarding the Community Service Fair.