Class of 2024
The full list of documents required to apply for need-based financial aid is listed below. Documents can be uploaded to Barnard's online application portal upon completion of the Common Application. The Financial Aid Checklist in the applicant's online portal will be updated if additional documents are required to complete the application. All applicants should review their Financial Aid Checklist on a regular basis to ensure all required documents have been received.
2020-2021 Regular Decision Requirements
Deadline: February 15, 2020
- CSS Profile: Available starting October 1st, 2019. Barnard's CSS Code is 2038. Please note: If an applicant's parents are divorced or separated, each parent must complete a separate version of this form.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): Available starting October 1st, 2019. Barnard's FAFSA school code is 002708.
- 2018 Parent Federal Tax Return (all pages and schedules)
- 2018 Parent W-2 Forms
- 2018 Student Federal Tax Return (all pages and schedules) OR 2018 Student Non-Filer Certification Form (if you are not required to file a federal tax return)
- 2018 Student W-2 Forms or proof of 2018 income (1099 forms or other documentation)
When applicable, applicants must submit the following:
- 2018 Business Income Tax Returns (IRS forms 1120, 1120S, 1065 and Schedule K-1)
- Non-Custodial Parent's 2018 Federal Income Tax Return (all pages and schedules), Non-Custodial Parent's 2018 W-2 forms, and Non-Custodial Parent's 2018 Business Income Tax Returns (IRS forms 1120, 1120S, 1065 and Schedule K-1)
- 2018 Parent Tax Non-Filer Certification Form (for parents who are not required to file a federal tax return) along with proof of 2018 income (W-2 forms, 1099 forms, or other documentation)
- 2018 Untaxed Income Documentation (such as Workers Compensation, disability, etc.)
- Documentation of 2018 Social Security Benefits (Social Security Administration Form 1099-SSA) for all family members)
- Documentation of Citizenship (only if you have a citizenship comment on your FAFSA)
- New York State Express TAP application for NYS Residents only (www.hesc.ny.gov) Barnard's school code is 0155.
- 2018 Parent New York State Tax Return for NYS Residents only