Required Forms for All Faculty Grants
All faculty submitting applications/proposals for outside funding must submit application materials along with the grant or fellowship routing form and budget to the Manager or Director of Sponsored Research before submission to funder.
Our federally negotiated Indirect Cost Rate is 64.9% on all salary and wages for grants received on or after July 1, 2015
All federally funded researchers of Barnard College must review and adhere to the following policies:
- Policy for Cost Transfers Affecting Sponsored Agreements
- Cost Allowability Policy
- Policy on Records Retention for Sponsored Research, Grants, External Support Records
- Policy on Budget Revision Approval Process for Federal Grants
- Policy on Budget and Expenditure Monitoring and Correcting Cost Overruns
- Policy on Determining Allowability, Reasonableness and Allocability of Costs for Sponsored Projects
- Policy for Ensuring Responsible Conduct of Research
- Fly America Act and Open Skies Agreements for faculty traveling on federally sponsored grants
- Policy on Dual Use Research of Concern (DURC)
All faculty submitting applications to the Federal Government must review and complete a Financial Conflict of Interest Report. Please send completed electronic or hard copy files to the Manager or Director of Sponsored Research before proposal submission.
NIH and NSF Guideline Updates
- Since May 2016 NIH has required the use of application FORMS-D; a summary of changes to the application forms are found here. Application form instructions can be found here: SF424 Research Instructions for NIH and Other PHS Agencies.
- Application Submission System & Interface for Submission Tracking (ASSIST) is a web-based system used to prepare applications and submit through Grants.gov to NIH, and replaces the former PDF application packages.
- A revised version of the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedured Guide (PAPPG) is effective for proposals submitted on or after January 30, 2017.
NONDISCRIMINATION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY IN NASA-ASSISTED PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES
For all applicants to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), please review the Nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity in NASA-Assisted Programs and Activities policy booklet.
Once you have received external or internal grant funding, the Post-Award Grant Spending document can help guide you on different types of grant expenditure and how to process payments.
For information on consultants and purchasing equipment please visit the Barnard Purchasing Webpage.
For more information on internal grant processes, policies on leave, and all of the forms you will need for the related processes, please see the Provost's Forms & Guidelines page.