Associate Dean for Academic Enrichment and Community Initiatives
Dr. Michell Tollinchi-Michel is the Associate Dean for Academic Enrichment and Community Initiatives at Barnard College where she is primarily responsible for the oversight of the Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP), Collegiate/Science Technology Entry Program (CSTEP/STEP), Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program (MMUF) and other academic support programs at the college. Additionally, she works in collaboration with various departments and units, Barnard faculty and the local Harlem Community to continue to provide opportunities that will enrich and complement the lives of all students with a particular emphasis on underrepresented minorities and first generation students. In 2015, Dean Tollinchi-Michel launched the First Generation Initiatives on campus. Dean Tollinchi-Michel has dedicated her career and life to supporting minority and women students who strive to achieve their full potential, no matter what their backgrounds.
- Oversees the CSTEP/STEP and HEOP programs
- Administrative Coordinator for the Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program
- Coordinator for the Spelman/Howard Domestic Exchange Program
- Associate Director of the Intercollegiate Program under the Hughes Science Pipeline Project
- Adviser to students interested in Social Work School
- Adviser to transfer students
Nikki Youngblood Giles
Director, Academic Success and Enrichment Programs
Nikki Youngblood Giles serves as the Director for Academic Success and Enrichment Programs supporting the access and successful degree completion of students underrepresented in higher education. Nikki previously worked with the Federal TRIO programs as a national advocate through their lobbying agency, the Council for Opportunity in Education in Washington, DC. A graduate of Spelman College and native of Atlanta, Georgia, Nikki has built a career focused on supporting women throughout their educational endeavors. Nikki earned her Masters of Arts in Curriculum and Teaching from Teachers College, Columbia University and is currently a doctoral candidate at New York University. Nikki's research examines the resiliency behaviors of first generation college students.
- Oversees the Pre Collegiate (STEP) and Collegiate Programs (BOP, CSTEP & HEOP)
- Adviser to all BOP, CSTEP & HEOP first-years in matters academic, career, or personal
- Contact: email@example.com
Associate Director, Collegiate Programs
Elida Martinez-Gaynor is the Associate Director for Collegiate Programs within the Academic Success and Enrichment Programs at Barnard College. Serving a variety of positions within student affairs throughout the years, Elida maintains proficiency in student advising and program development namely within STEM focused initiatives for special populations. Elida earned her Bachelor's degree at John Jay College of Criminal Justice within the City University of New York and a Master's of Arts from Teacher's College at Columbia University. Most recently, Elida earned certification as a Supplemental Instruction Supervisor. In addition to her role within ASEP; Elida coordinates the college-wide peer-to-peer learning program.
- Adviser to all BOP, CSTEP & HEOP sophomores in matters academic, career, or personal
- Co-coordinates the college-wide peer-to-peer learning program
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, or schedule an appointment
Kevin V. Collymore
Academic Counselor, Collegiate Programs
Kevin Collymore is the Academic Advisor of Collegiate Programs within the Academic Success and Enrichment Programs. Kevin is a direct recipient of program initiatives, earning his B.A through the Educational Opportunity Programs of the State University of New York at Purchase College in Westchester, New York. His current work involves advising the junior-and senior-level cohorts of students and managing the student-alumnae mentoring component. Kevin is currently pursing a masters degree in Higher Education and Student Affairs at New York University's Steinhardt. In the latter role, his goal is to expand access to students across the state of New York.
- Adviser to all BOP, CSTEP & HEOP juniors & seniors in matters academic, career, or personal.
- Facilitate developmental workshops aimed at increasing the academic success of students.
- Engage program Alumnae through workshops and programing.
- Contact: email@example.com or http://kevincollymore.youcanbook.me/
Associate Director, Pre Collegiate Programs
JC Soto is the Associate Director for Pre-Collegiate Programs and is responsible for executing the implementation of the Science & Technology Entry Program (STEP) at Barnard College. Prior to joining Barnard College, JC served as the Program Director of the College Directions Program at Kingsbridge Heights Community Center, where he managed their college access and success program for high school and collegiate students in the northwest Bronx community. JC has devoted most of his career to youth development and the advancement of education through the nonprofit sector, previously holding positions at College Summit, MOUSE, and PowerMyLearning. JC is passionate in developing programs, managing partnerships, facilitating workshops, and teaching technology in order to strengthen relationships among students, educators, and families. JC holds a Bachelor of Arts degree, summa cum laude in Sociology from Lehman College and a Master of Public Administration degree with focuses in Nonprofit & Higher Education Administration from Baruch College.
- Responsible for recruitment, retention, and admission of students
- Conducts Parent meetings
- Responsible for community collaborations and outreach to CBO’s
- Connects students with access to license professions through internship opportunities
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant, Pre Collegiate Programs
Clara provides all Administrative Support to Pre Collegiate Programs students/parents and is the contact person for questions regarding the STEP Academic Program and Admissions. As a staunch advocate for educating minorities and the underserved, Clara is very proud to work with a program such as STEP. She strives to provide overall administrative support to students, parents, instructors, and staff to ensure that the program runs smoothly and efficiently. Clara’s goal is to help the STEP team increase their students’ college admission rates.
- Provides all Administrative Support to Pre Collegiate Programs students/parents and staff
- Contact person for questions regarding the STEP Academic Program and Admission
- Contact: email@example.com
Administrative Assistant, Collegiate Programs
As Administrative Assistant for Collegiate Programs, Gianni supports the Collegiate Programs office and serves as the first point of contact for program inquiries. She is responsible in coordinating the program's day-to-day activities including coordinating student-adviser meetings, scheduling student workshop locations, and responding to student inquiries. Gianni holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and Children and Youth Studies from CUNY - Brooklyn College. She is currently pursuing her Ed.M. in Psychological Counseling at Teachers College, Columbia University.
- Provides all Administrative Support to Collegiate Programs students and staff
- Schedules appointments for Collegiate Office
- Contact person for questions regarding general HEOP admissions; CSTEP admissions
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org