Department: Information Technology
Employment Group: Administration
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Applications, the Associate Director for Web Application Development will lead development projects that promote an effective and efficient use of web technologies that meet specific business process needs for Barnard College. This particular position will encompass web services and portal development, to offer scalable solutions in response to the College’s requests for a personalized, secured, constituent-centered web experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop code to support accepted application design; design and produce programmatic interfaces to communicate with required integrated systems; test and evaluate own code to ensure functional requirements and desired results are met; follow quality standards for production deployment.
- Design use case scenarios for each application; develop business workflow diagrams and/or logic flowcharts; develop pseudo code and produce proof of concepts; evaluate complex data management and source issues and identify resolutions; present application design to project team and stakeholders.
- Gather details pertaining to business processes and workflow; compile list of requirements to resolve a business need; generate options for solutions; draft a complete project scope pertaining to business purpose, solution and estimated resources.
- Produce scheduled status reports; develop and maintain project plans utilizing a recognized PMP tool; articulate risks and/or issues impeding a successful implementation (on-time, within scope and within budget); present progress to project team and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is required
- 6 years of experience as a solution architect in the analysis, design, development and delivery of web-based applications is required
- Must be proficient in developing front and backend SharePoint customizations (e.g. web parts, site definitions, custom fields, timer jobs); knowledge of LDAP/Active Directory authentication and group security as it applies to SharePoint
- Must have knowledge of SharePoint integration with 3rd party tools and packages; experience documenting and applying best practices for software configuration, site permission policies and site template management
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; must be able to work independently or within a collaborative team environment
Interested candidates should send a cover letter including salary requirements, and a resume to Employment Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barnard is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and from individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.