Department: Provost’s Office
Employment Group: Administration
Reporting to the Provost, the Director of Academic Planning and Budget manages the budget planning and development processes for the Academic Affairs Division. Working closely with the College’s Director of Budget and Planning, the Director monitors all academic budgets, prepares comprehensive planning reports, and gathers and analyzes data relating to the fiscal and programmatic operations of Academic Affairs. In collaboration with the Director of Institutional Research and Assessment, analyzes data to support academic planning and budgeting work; gathers and analyzes data to support annual faculty and budgeting planning process; prepares reports and presentations for various audiences, including the Provost, chairs, faculty, senior administrators, and the President's Council.
- Master’s degree and 5 years of experience with budget forecasting and development, financial management, and accounting oversight
- Experience in a higher education or nonprofit setting which includes familiarity with nonprofit financial systems, and knowledge of gift and grant accounting
- Strong analytical skills and the proven ability to plan, develop and execute creative approaches to complex financial issues and data analysis
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, as well as strong organizational and management abilities
- Excellent verbal, writing and math skills
- Excellent computer skills, including the development of complex spreadsheets (Excel), use of relational databases (Access), and experience extracting data from proprietary ERP systems(Datatel or similar)
To apply please visit https://careers.barnard.edu/postings/150
Barnard is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and from individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.