Department: Public Safety
Rate: $17.86 /hour*
Shift(s): 9 months/year position(s)
Weekends - Saturday and Sunday 11:00PM – 7:00AM or 1:30AM – 9:30AM
DUTIES: Under the direction of Barnard Public Safety, support campus safety and security functions and assist with procedures designed to ensure the safety of the Barnard community, Barnard residents in particular. The principle function is to monitor and perform access control measures of persons and materials at designated Barnard College access/egress points.
- High School Diploma
- Certification in First Aid, CPR, and AED preferred
- Knowledge of Access Control procedures and instruments preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with the college staff, students and the public including fluency in English for the purpose of written and verbal communications in emergency and non-emergency situations
- Ability to work well under pressure and remain calm in an emergency situation
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to utilize security access control systems
- Submit to required annual background investigation
- Report all arrests and/or involvement in litigation to the Director of Public Safety
*Current access attendants with one year of service are eligible for a rate of $18.32 per hour
Internal Local 2110 applicants must apply in the Human Resources office within the five-day posting period from the date specified above to receive preferential consideration. Outside applicants should send letter and resume to Employment Manager, Barnard College, 3009 Broadway, New York, NY 10027. FAX: 212-854-2454. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barnard College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.