Barnard's Advertising Bootcamp
The Advertising Bootcamp is a 2-day program in partnership with Advertising Education Foundation (AEF) that introduces juniors and seniors to the advertising field and its sectors. On Day 1, students will attend a series of in-depth presentations delivered by top professionals at Deutsch Inc. On Day 2, students may have an opportunity to visit the offices of some of the top advertising agencies in New York City: R/GA and J Walter Thompson.
Students who complete this program will:
Have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with advertising employees
Have stronger resumes, cover letters and portfolios
Be able to better identify and differentiate between sectors within advertising
Gain increased confidence in their job application process
Barnard Career Development is looking for motivated students who are eager to take an active role in their career preparation. Applicants will be selected based on the following qualifications:
- Current junior or senior
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrated interest in advertising
- Strong essay
Program Dates, Application Process & Deadlines
The program requires a firm 2-day commitment. In addition, you will be asked to participate in a case study challenge that will be assigned on Day 1. You will also be organized into teams, and will be expected to finish the case in time for the site visit on Day 2. Please do not apply unless you can guarantee your attendance at both.
Application Deadline: Thrusday, October 16 at 11:59pm
Selected Students Notified: Monday, October 19 by end of business day.
Topical Overview and Agenda
- Understanding the Advertising Business
- Account Management
- Account Planning/Strategy
- Media Planning
- Academic side of Advertising with the School of Visual Arts
Successful completion of the program requires but is not limited to:
- Attending Day 1 and Day 2 of the program.
- Be prompt and on time each day of the training.
- Ask questions and for additional instruction when unsure of the material presented.
- Adhere to all instructions and deadlines associated with the program.
- Maintain professionalism in interactions with instructors, employers, BCD staff and peers.
- Attend Day 2 fully prepared to present you case study presentation to Deutsch staff with your team (tentative).
- Respond to post-program surveys and follow-up.
Questions? Please contact Jena Mahne at 212-854-2033 or email@example.com.