The mission of Barnard College Information Technology (BCIT) is to provide technological resources and support in order to:
- Enrich the learning environment for students,
- Facilitate instructional and research endeavors by faculty, and
- Increase the efficiency of administrative processes.
To fulfill this mission, BCIT strives to:
- Provide technology leadership to advance the strategic vision of the College.
- Promote and develop partnerships to empower campus-wide use of technologies to enrich the academic environment and streamline administrative processes
- Maintain a stable, accessible technological environment that supports innovation and exploration.
- Supply a secure, scalable, robust network that facilitates digital communications and access to data and resources.
- Make precise and comprehensive data available on demand to authorized faculty, staff and students and encourage the utilization of these resources.