PCHS Summer Hours:
Primary Care will be closed for all clinical care for the summer starting on Friday, May 24th at 1pm. There will be no medical staff available during the summer break.
PCHS will be open for administrative support during the summer, Monday through Friday from 9am-4pm.
The after-hours Clinician On Call will be unavailable during the summer, starting at 1PM on Thursday May 23rd. The Clinican On-Call will resume service during the last week in August.
Urgent Health Care During the Summer:
If you have Aetna Student Health Insurance:
- You may be seen by Columbia Health Medical Services clinicians by appointment only for urgent care needs. No walk-in care will be available.
- To make an appointment, please call 212-854-7426.
- You will be charged a fee of $95 at the time of your visit, which will be reimbursed by Aetna Student Health if you complete a claim form. Make sure that the Medical Services provider gives you a receipt that contains all the codes for your visit (CPT & ICD10), the Health Service Tax ID#, and the provider's name and title. Please visit barnard.edu/primarycare/services/columbia-reimbursement for more information on reimbursement.
- The 2018 - 2019 Aetna Student Health Insurance plan is active through August 21, 2018.
- If you have Aetna Student Health Insurance and you need to see a health care provider (including specialistis) you do not need a referral during the summer months.
If you have a health insurance plan other than Aetna Student Health:
- Students can be seen at Mt. Sinai Urgent Care at 91st Street and Columbus Ave
- Students can be seen at CityMD at 104th and Broadway.
Opting Out of Aetna Student Health Insurance:
Please note that during the summer you will have an opportunity to opt-out of the Aetna Student Health insurance plan (if you would prefer to stay on your family's plan, for example). This is a one-time annual waive-out opportunity, and your decision cannot be changed unless there is a life changing event such as the loss of a job resulting in the ending of your alternate insurance coverage. You will receive an email with information on waiving-out at sometime in the middle of June. Please click here for more information about student insurance at Barnard.
Please pay outstanding Primary Care Health Service (PCHS) bills. Failure to do so will delay or prevent you from registering for next semester. Seniors, your transcripts and diploma will be delayed!
Special Info for Graduating Seniors:
- Please be aware that you will not be able to access clinical care from Primary Care--including phone consultation--after May 24th
- PCHS will still be available to you for administrative support, including access to your medical records and referrals to primary care providers in the area.
- Graduating seniors with the Aetna Student Health insurance will have coverage through August 21st.
We wish you much joy and good health as you leave Barnard!