|Purchasing Card||Check Request Form
|Uses||All Purchases over $500 for goods and services. All orders over $5,000 require 3 bids.*||Purchases under $500, where possible||Purchases under $500 where the Pcard is not available;
Out of Pocket/Travel Expenditures;
Consultants, Honorarium (A)
|Restrictions||Restricted by Budget Constraints||Each purchase cannot exceed $500;
Total Monthly Purchases cannot exceed $1,500;
Specific restrictions include, but not limited to: Large Furniture or Equipment;
No Split Purchases Allowed
|Restricted by Budget Constraints|
|Required Documentation||1) Purchase Requisition Form ** prepared and approved by each Dept Head or Authorized Individual
2) Purchase Order Form ** - Prepared by the Purchasing Department
3) Invoice for Vendor Payment
4) Certificates of Insurance (E)
5) Standard Contractor Agreement
|Individual Depts. Should File:
1) Copy of Approved P-Card Statement
2) Copy of Transaction Log
3) All Original Invoices and Actual Receipts
|1) Original Invoices or Actual Receipts
2) Completed and Approved Check Request Form **
3) Description (see below)
|Description Needed||Purpose and Description of Purchase, Vendor, Amount||Date, Vendor, Amount, Description of Purchase, Business Purpose, Individuals included in meals, etc.
(Documented on Transaction Log)
|Date, Vendor, Amount, Description of Purchase, Business Purpose, Individuals included in meals, etc.
(Documented on Check Request Form)
|Approvals||Appropriate Budget Officer or Authorized Individual (B),(C)||Appropriate Budget Officer (B)||All Check Request Form must be signed by an authorized employee, generally the budget officer for the dept.
However, for out of pocket/travel reimbursements (non grant related), they must be approvedby the employee's direct supervisor (B),(C)
|Deadlines||Per Vendor Requirements||7 business days from receipt of monthly statement||Per Vendor Requirements|
- For any payments made directly to an individual for goods or services, the individual must provide their social security number/tax id number and tax address.
- All purchases/reimbursements charged to a restricted or endowment fund requires approval from the Associate Controller - Financial Reporting or the Controller.
- If any charge is being paid for by the Provost's Office, an additional approval and coding is required by a representative of the Provost's Office. If the appropriate, Provost approval is not obtained before the required deadline, the individual department will be charged for the expense.
- Charges and reimbursements incurred by a Vice President, the President or Academic Department Head, must be reviewed by the Controller.
- Any vendor contracted to perform labor on Barnard College owned property, must provide proof of insurance as specified in the Standard Contractor Agreement, when necessary.
*Orders over $5,000 require 3 bids or Sole Source Justification, a waiver form used when the vendor is the only available source for product or services.
** Actual forms can be obtained from the Purchasing Department or Controller's Office.
If you would like to save or print a copy of this information, please download Methods of Payment/Reimbursement.