In general, the College purchases Dell computers for staff and faculty. The College has a special pricing arrangement with Dell as part of the Columbia University contract. If you determine that your department needs new hardware, please write to the Help Desk, email@example.com, with questions or to schedule a consultation.
For further information, please visit BCIT's Faculty/Staff information page
After you have consulted with the Help Desk and they have provided you with a quote, please submit a purchase requisition to the Purchasing Department.
- The Purchasing Department will not process computer requests without pre-approval from the Help Desk.
- All computers will be delivered to the Help Desk (not directly to the end user).
If you require peripherals for your system, please contact the Purchasing department.
Academic Technologies will install this standard Barnard Software Package on your office computer.
- Windows Operating System
- Microsoft Office including Sharepoint for web page design
- Web browsers: Firefox and Internet Explorer
- Symantec Anti-Virus
- Email clients: Outlook, Thunderbird
- Novell client (to access Artemis server)
- Other small programs: Secure Telnet, Acrobat Reader, etc.
- EndNote is available on request
- Mathematica or SPSS also available on request
If you require software that is not listed above, please contact the Purchasing Department.