The SNAP Photo Competition celebrates the images and stories of Barnard’s Study Abroad returnees and VISP (Visiting International Students Program) students. For descriptions and past winner(s), please review the categories below.
To submit a photo for SNAP 2017, please visit our SNAP Submission Form.
- Cultural Comparison: This photo should demonstrate a better understanding of a culture other than your own or a new perspective on your own culture.
- Global Issues: This photo should capture a deeper understanding of complex global issues such as gender, poverty, the environment, etc.
- Intellectual Exploration: This photo should capture a moment when you learned something new or gained a deeper understanding of an intellectual concept.
- Selfie: This photo should be a self-portrait that highlights an undeniable international or foreign moment experienced by YOU while on study abroad.
- Women's Empowerment: This photo should demonstrate an example of women's empowerment in present society be that in an individual sector (ex. gender equality, women’s rights, women’s strength) or throughout women's lives.
General Guidelines for Photo Submission:
- Each submission should contain the photo's title, category for submission, location, approximate date taken, your name and Barnard email address.
- Each picture may only be submitted for one category.
- Each person may submit a maximum of 5 photos, though not all photos may be shown.
- Photos should be high-resolution and should be of the following formats: .jpg, .gif, .png or .tif.