For information on configuring these programs for the Barnard network, see the listed tutorials or Instructional Media and Technology (IMATS) for more tutorials. You can go to Software @ Columbia for a full listing of software made available by CUIT.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
Symantec Endpoint Protection is a virus and spyware scanning program that detects and removes threats to your computer's security.
See the tutorial here.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes is a Windows-based application that finds and removes malware.
CCleaner is a Windows-based application that cleans potentially unwanted files from the system and registry.
SUPERAntiSpyware is a Windows-based application that detects and removes malware and potentially harmful software applications.
Document Creation (Word Processing, Presentations, Spreadsheets)
- Apache OpenOffice (Mac and Windows)
- Microsoft Office Home and Student (Windows)
- Microsoft Office for Mac
- iWork (Mac)
iWork is an office suite of desktop applications.
Columbia University on iTunes U
- View academic and administrative media, as well as content about campus events and resources.
- Both the Public and Restricted (by UNI and password login) channels are accessible here.
- You can also directly search for Columbia University on iTunes U within the iTunes Store.
- Mozilla Firefox (Mac and Windows)
Mozilla Firefox is a free and open source web browser.
- Google Chrome (Mac and Windows)
Chrome is a free, fast, simple, and secure web browser .
Windows Substitutes for Mac Users
NeoOffice is a free, complete set of office applications for Macs.
- Flip4Mac (Windows Media Player for Macs)
Flip4Mac is used to play WMV files on Macs through any application that supports QuickTime.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Adobe Reader is a software used to view, manipulate, and manage PDF files.
- Stuffit Expander
StuffIt is a free decompression utility that allows users to compress, expand, and encrypt files.
Dropbox is a Web-based and downloadable product that stores synchronized files in the cloud so they're accessible on any computer.