Applications for all programs are reviewed when completed and students are admitted on a rolling admissions basis. No applications for any programs will be accepted after Friday, June 5th, 2015.
Admission is selective, and is based on strong high school records, recommendations, and a personal statement. Applications from students whose preparation may vary are welcome, especially if they reveal unusual talents and interests that can be developed further in this program. Applicants must have completed the tenth or eleventh grade of high school by June 2015.
Applications will be accepted beginning in February 2015. Early application is advised as classes may fill before the deadline. All application materials must be received before the application is reviewed. Admissions decisions on complete applications will be made beginning in February 2015 and continue on a rolling basis until registration is closed on Friday, June 5th, 2015. Again, please note that individual classes may fill up prior to June 5th.
Please note that material sent to our office via US mail or FedEx may take up to 3-5 days to process through the College’s mailroom. Receipts signed by a member of our mailroom staff do not indicate that the material is actually in our office; confirmation via email to the PCP office is advised.
A complete application includes:
- Online application and essay completed by you.
- One recommendation form completed by a teacher familiar with your work. Must be mailed in a sealed/signed envelope if sent by student or emailed/faxed by the school office.
- One recommendation form completed by your counselor or principal. Must be mailed in a sealed/signed envelope if sent by student or emailed/faxed by the school office.
- An official copy of your high school transcript in English. Must be mailed in a sealed/signed envelope if sent by student or emailed/faxed by the school office.
- Non-refundable application fee ($65 for domestic students, $85 for international students) payable by credit card, check, or money order made out to "Barnard College."