Transcript requests must be made in writing and must include your signature.
If you are submitting your request in person at the Registrar's Office, please use our three-part transcript request form, available at the counter.
If you are submitting your request via mail, email, or fax you may print out and use one of our Transcript Requisition Forms or you may make your request via letter. Please include the following:
- your name, and any other name you used at Barnard;
- your dates of attendance or date of graduation;
- your 7-digit college identification number or the last four digits of your social security number;
- the address(es) to which you wish the transcript(s) sent;
- your return address;
- your signature;
The fee is $3.00 per transcript. (If you are ordering more than ten transcripts at the same time, the first ten transcripts are $3.00 each; the rest are $1.00 each.) Checks should be made payable to Barnard College. Please note that we cannot accept checks drawn on banks outside the U.S. International money orders are acceptable. If you come in person, you may pay cash. We do not accept credit cards.
You may fax your request (212-854-0366) and send payment later by mail. Be sure to sign the fax.
You may also attach a signed .pdf of your request to email to email@example.com
We cannot release a transcript if there is a hold on your account.
We cannot accept transcript requests by email (unless a .pdf with your signature is attached). By law, all transcript requests must bear your signature.
If you also attended Barnard as a Post-Baccalaureate student, we will send out both your BA and your PB transcripts, unless you instruct us to do otherwise. It is helpful to mention in your request that you have two transcripts.
Transcripts are sent out within five working days after receipt of the request. There is no rush service and we cannot send transcripts by fax or via email. (Please note that we work on a limited holiday schedule at the end of the year. We will post that schedule on our home page in December.)
We can send transcripts via Fed Ex (overnight), USPS Express Mail (overnight), or USPS Priority Mail (two days, on average) for a fee in addition to the $3 transcript fee.
- Fed Ex is $20.00 additional for domestic addresses, $30.00 additional for international addresses, including Canada. (Fed Ex will not deliver to a P.O. box.)
- USPS Priority Mail is $6.00 additional for domestic addresses.
- Global Priority Mail is $21.00 additional.
- USPS Express mail (will deliver to a P.O. box) is $20.00 additional for domestic addresses, $35.00 for international, including Canada.
You may send the request and payment to:
Office of the Registrar
New York NY 10027-6598
(212) 854-0366 (fax)